It's been some crazy few weeks here.
So for a while I took myself away from the interwebs and the computer. I felt that I was getting too absorbed in the digital world, especially social media, and I wasn't using the internet like a tool like how I'm supposed to. Even now I want to learn to watch myself.
So these last few days I've been fervently working on my application to go to school at BYU Idaho in the fall but as it turns out my efforts may have been for nothing. Let's just say I was really unproductive (putting it nicely) in high school so I didn't go through with doing the ACTs/SATs that were offered when I was there. I've already signed up to do the ACTs June 10th but I'm scared that I might be too late.
Honestly, I'm not too surprised about the whole ACT thing. Part of the reason I've avoided college is because I've had a feeling that I didn't take them. We took soooo many standardized tests while I was in school, though, so I was never positive about it. The bright side of it is that back then I would've completely dumped in the ACTs while right now I get the feeling that I might be mature enough to be more prepared.
I was also able to get my transcript emailed to me. None of it was a big shock but it made me realize that I've changed since then. Back in those days I was super lazy and unproductive. I never did anything for myself. Things finally started to change when I got into my senior year. I wanted to be in plays and I wanted to act. I had something that pushed me to act. When I was filling out my forms I wanted to laugh when it started to ask about extracurricular activities. The only extracurricular activity I participated in while I was in high school was drama. Still, I was grateful to my Senior Year Self for at least having that much done.
For a while I was a little tuckered out from my usual art but hopefully I'll be able to do some sketches and paintings regularly again. I realized recently that even the art that I hated and thought was terrible when I was younger wasn't really that bad.
Some pieces are more beautiful and more original then anything I could come up with today.
So I know most of ya'll have already seen it but I'm posting my Ariel painting here anyways. I wanted to paint her for MerMay (just something fun a few artists on social media sites are doing). Plus, she's always been my favorite Disney princess. It's about time that I make a fanart just for her. C:

No comments:
Post a Comment