Search for little fox posts!

Saturday, April 8, 2017






Life this morning was rough. I wanted a good, bright, sun-shiny Saturday and that's not really what I got. I called my mom three times this morning all with varying degrees of feelings. Thankfully, she was more then willing to let me drive and stay at her house. So I went to my apartment and packed as fast as I could and as soon as I started driving I saw this huge, dark, thundering rain cloud. I thought I would be bothered by the cloud but I wasn't.

I kept thinking "I will drive through this storm."

The storm itself reminded me of Louisiana, my home away from home. The storm I drove through today was abrupt and a little strange but it was nothing like the tornadoes I've driven through. Then, as I thought some more, I realized that maybe this was God trying to tell me something.

This week has been tough. I've really been struggling. It was like God was telling me that I've been through worse things. I've driven through bigger storms. I can get through this.

When I got to my Mom's we made pancakes. Our cat, Baby, followed me around as soon as I got there. She doesn't usually try to sit on my lap while we're eating but I think she could tell I was still emotional from my rough morning. My mom laughs and says in her "Baby voice" how she's (my Mom) Big Mom and I'm Little Mom. Baby doesn't like sweet things but she was really curious about the syrup I was pouring on my pancakes. It felt good to be home and to be with people who love me.

1 comment:

  1. I miss you! We all have rough patches. I am so glad that you were able to recognize that you have been through bigger storms and that storms do pass.

    ReplyDelete