Search for little fox posts!

Friday, April 28, 2017

So this week has been a week were I've just bitten the bullet on a lot of things.

First thing's first I decided that, yes, I am going to go to college. Right now the plan is to get a degree in Graphic Design because, let's be honest, the only way I'm ever going back to school is if I'm going to school for art. Honestly, I've had a lot of family and friends who have berated me on the positives and negatives of going to college and, honestly again, they didn't really need to. I've been weighing out those positives and negatives for five years now since I graduated in 2012. At first when my career councilor asked me about my future I was a little hesitant to even think about college because, come on, that's 2-4 years of your life but then I got thinking about how I've been avoiding college for 5 years already. What's another 4 years?

Second, I left my job at the daycare. Sort of. I moved from full time teacher in the after schooler's class to a fill in (which is, like, severe part time) but I have a feeling I'll only be there every now and then so it's basically like leaving and when I start school I'll be so busy I won't have any time. While I was leaving I was surprised by how many of my coworkers wanted to stay friends with me. I've never been friends with coworkers before. I've been friendly but never full on "hang out" kind of friends.

Here's a picture of the flowers and chocolate my head teacher/friend gave me with the coloring book and colored pencils one of the after schooler's gave me because I was leaving:





I can't even say how much these things meant to me. First of all, this is only the second time in my life someone has ever given me a bouquet. The first time I got a bouquet was from my dad, Ron, who bought me orange roses for mother's day because I told him no one had ever given me flowers before. For me, bouquets are very very special. Second, this after schooler girl kept in mind the fact that I love art and that I love foxes when giving me her gift.

It's the little things in life.

Alright, here it is, the third bullet I had to chew and swallow. My phone that I've had for 8 years was finally showing signs of imminent death. I called my dad up to get the ok and I went and got an iPhone. To most people this is something to celebrate over but for me it was a very hard decision. Why? Because it's not all my money. My phone is on my Dad's plan.

 I'm sure your immediate thought is "Wow R'ki you can't even stand on your own two feet and have your own phone plan?" but here's the thing- I am only just barely living on my own for the first time. And just for your information no, I'm not comfortable having my Dad pay for my phone expenses. Relying on people is very hard for me because it makes me feel like a burden. My Father loves me. Helping me when I'm struggling is one way he shows me that he loves me.

After I got the phone I immediately called Ron and we switched to face time. That was the first time I have seen my Father's face in over 7 months. When I saw my eagle painting up on the wall behind him I just started crying. My parents have given me everything in life and I am so grateful for that.

So on a positive note here are pictures of my new iPhone! And, yes, ok, I'm a little excited about it. C:



Of course it already has fingerprints all over it. This thing is going to drive my OCD up the wall. XD Just kidding.


No comments:

Post a Comment