Search for little fox posts!

Sunday, April 2, 2017

I'm awkward about sharing my music. OuO"

No seriously, though. So I've been writing music here and there ever since I was a little kid but I've always been a little embarrassed about it. The reason why I was always embarrassed was because I can't really read music and I can't any instruments very well so I always thought I was inferior to other artists. Whenever inspiration struck I would get out my mom's old recorder (she gave it to me when I was in children's choir) or I would record on the stupid recorder on my phone.

Here's two songs I recorded recently on my computer and my friend edited to get rid of background noise. XD

The first one "Pray Mother Pray" I wrote the day my friend Megan went to the hospital to have her baby. I was really nervous about seeing my nephew and I was scared for her and I thought a lot about her and about my own mother and the things that my mother went through in raising 5 kids by herself. So "Pray Mother Pray" was written for both Megan and my mother.

The second song is called "Summer and Snow." I tried to make it upbeat and fun. It was written for my friend Erica who was having a hard time. I'd recently moved to Idaho and we were both depressed about it and the fact that I couldn't drive up to Montana to visit her because there was so much snow. I tried to comfort her by promising that I would go up and see her as soon as the snow melted.

Pray Mother Pray on Tumblr
Summer and Snow on Tumblr

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Those were awesome! Pray Mother Pray has a real Gospel feel to it that's fun and deep.

    The Summer and Snow one makes you sound like our older sister... O__o It's fun and the lyrics are interesting, but it really sounds like Teshia. XD

    Fun note: Michael Jackson could not read or write music. So he would make all the music on his own using his voice. So it's not an unheard of thing. :)

    http://www.nme.com/blogs/nme-blogs/the-incredible-way-michael-jackson-wrote-music-16799

    ReplyDelete